Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Home

Elizabeth emailed and said they found the perfect rental!

I've only seen the online listing but on that I saw two things that made me happy - one was the rent, which is within budget, and the other is that the place is actually furnished and Elizabeth loves the interior design (mostly)! The odds of that happening were - well, it didn't even occur to me they might find something furnished! 

I have to go back through the house here and un-tag all the furniture we had planned to move over to Bath*. We had planned to leave much of the furniture, but now we can leave almost all of it. The Crofts said they are bringing no furniture so we can leave as much as we like.

This will save on moving costs! Yay!

I'm so relieved that this is settled. I even had a bad dream a few nights ago that Dad and Elizabeth had rented a castle and were trying to explain to me why they couldn't possibly make do with anything less than a castle with 4 turrets and a moat and still show their face in public. We were all standing on the ramparts and I was pointing at a thatched roof shack in the distance trying to persuade them to rent it instead. I was vaguely worried that I was going to get tossed in the dungeon if I kept protesting.

This moving to Bath* thing just became very real.  I'm starting to panic about all the packing I have left to do and how little time there is left to do it! 

*Not actually Bath

No comments :

Post a Comment