Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Important Stuff

I am now questioning the brilliance of starting a blog when I have nothing interesting going on in my life.

Sure I've got time to sit here every day and write a blog entry for you, but my most riveting subject matter seems to be “what I had for breakfast” and it is the same every day: eggs and toast. Or I could thrill you with my research on regulations around operating a non-profit and the discovery that what I actually want to do is a charity. Yes? [link http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/pplyng/rgstrtn/rght-eng.html]

I’m not one of those people who go out a lot and have adventures. I live a quiet life, deliberately. 

I mean, I do go out - I have friends, but we usually meet up for a dinner or a quiet evening of good conversation and laughs over our nerdy interests - it’s wonderful but not great blog fodder. That’s not really it though - I’m not hung up on what makes good blog content, I mean, it’s my blog, if I wanted to do reviews of books or board games or detail my walks around the neighbourhood, I’d do it. I guess the point is that I want this blog to be about something important in my life, not the trivial, fluffy stuff. And I’m weirdly struggling to find ways to tell you about what’s important.

No comments :

Post a Comment