Saturday, October 4, 2014

Night Out

I went out last night with Rietta and Louisa - to small club in the nearby ski resort town. We saw a really great band play and it was wonderful to get out and catch up with the two girls. Mary was invited but a combination of not feeling well and the band not being well known enough to warrant going out kept her at home. I can't say I mind.

I learned that Rietta is enjoying her internship for the most part. She's happy to be done with school but isn't very excited about finding an interesting job in her field afterwards.

Louisa, who has never been very enthusiastic about school, has switched majors twice already and is embarking on a new scheme in January to study abroad. She wasn't specific about what she would be studying, I think the 'abroad' part was all that mattered. She is very excited about living in England and is convinced she will meet an attractive Italian man in her travels and apparently this is the epitome of everything. I'm not sure if I'm too old to understand or if this particular cause for excitement is unique to Louisa. She does have the ability to get feverishly excited about things that are just of mild interest to others. It is an amazing thing to behold. I sometimes wish I had that force of excitement in my life. But then, it must be exhausting.  According to Louisa, the band we saw was the 'best ever' and she wanted to stay after to catch the band leaving the club so she could bump into the lead singer who was 'fall over hot'.  We talked her out of this plan, thus dashing this opportunity for two soul mates to connect and start their life together.

No comments :

Post a Comment