Friday, November 21, 2014

Alone in Public

Tonight everyone (Rietta, Lousia, Mary, Charles, Wentworth) is going to a local distillery for a tour and tasting.

I was supposed to go but I made excuses - said I had a friend in town I was meeting.

So I drove into the little village centre, found a cafe and am enjoying some solid people watching for a bit.

I just wanted to get away from everyone without being alone. Coffee shops are great for that - being by yourself without being alone. Solitary walks in the woods are nice, but sometimes you want to be around humanity without having to put in the effort of conversation or smoothing over aggravations or pretending to be unperturbed by what’s going on around you.

Also, there are lots of brownies here.

And look at the adorable mug my tea came in. Way better than whatever whisky is served in, I'm sure.

1 comment :

  1. I know how that feels. Just being around other people can be comforting.

    ReplyDelete