Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bandit Tuesday

Bandit now reliably comes to me when called. (Except in cases of squirrels, understandably.)

She doesn't behave that well with Charles even, so I consider this quite a good character reference for me. Or possibly it is commentary on the reliability of me having the good treats in my pocket.

It reminds me a bit of Mary's approach to parenting except my nephew knows how to get the treats/toys out of her without obeying (spoiler: lay on floor, have very loud tantrum).  Charles complains to me about this pretty regularly, hoping I can get Mary to spoil their son less, but Mary is not a disciplinarian, especially not if it causes anyone discomfort. My little nephew is growing up in an environment with a diversity of parenting approaches, it will be very interesting to see how he turns out!

No comments :

Post a Comment