Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dinner

Will just left. That was possibly the most terrible dinner I've ever sat through.

I used to feel that Will was not always completely real, but now I look and see nothing but insincerity in his words and actions. Knowing that he is actively thwarting Alicia’s attempts to gain sound financial footing makes all his charm and good manners disgusting. He sits and makes nice conversation and flatters everyone, and all the while is causing someone’s suffering.

My goal was to put an end to any encouragement of thoughts beyond acquaintance. He tried to revive the mystery of his source of information about me, but found me uninterested - in fact, bringing it up just reminded me of Alicia which made me think less of him. He seemed surprised by my behaviour - though perhaps the train wreck of our 'date' let him know he was in for something - but Clara kept directing his attention to Elizabeth, which worked out well for everyone.

One bit of relief - he’s going out of town for a few days, so we certainly won’t see him. That will probably be my window to try to tell my family something about his real character.

I've been wanting to discuss all this stuff about Will with Lacy. Alicia said it was okay to share the information about her situation but I can’t think how to reveal Will’s real character to my family - he’s so loved by everyone. I’m hopeful Lacy will have some ideas.

It's on the to-do list, though not at the top.

2 comments :

  1. I definitely think you should tell Lacy. As far as your dad and Beth, I have a feeling they would have a harder time accepting the truth about Will.

    ReplyDelete