Monday, February 16, 2015

Hearts

How awesome is this bike rack?
Yesterday, I kid you not, was the first day of sun we have had here in... a  month? It rains all winter long, and going weeks without seeing sunlight is pretty typical. Yesterday the sun came out and the entire city came alive with happy people. Birds were chirping, cherry trees were blossoming. It was perfect.

I am determined to make Lacy and W friends. They are the people I care about most in the world, and I’m determined that they should learn to appreciate one another.

W still has some lingering resentment against Lacy for being the one that persuaded me that we should not marry. He is open to the idea of getting to know her, especially as he acknowledges that he played the larger part in our long separation, not Lacy. On her side, Lacy has to get over her memory of W as a quietly arrogant young man whose personality grated on her and come to know the man as he is today. She also has to get over the hopes she had of Will and I. Will won her over (as Will does everyone) and she thought he was perfect for me. This will be easily solved by relating what Alicia told me. I think, ultimately, Lacy wants me to be happy - and seeing me with W must comfort her that that has been achieved, finally. I am far happier than I feel I deserve to be.

I also can't help but notice all the hearts that seem to be around me that I swear were not there before.

No comments :

Post a Comment