Sunday, February 1, 2015

Grumpy

I’m grumpy today. I've been waiting for news from the Lodge - wondering how Louisa is doing, and everyone else. Mary is terrible at emailing - it’s been weeks since I heard anything! How hard is it to sit down and dash off an email - she could do it while being ‘ill’ on the couch.  Charles was updating me when the accident first happened, but he views the incident as all over with so he stopped.

I should probably email Louisa or Rietta directly, but I'm a bit embarrassed to reveal that Mary isn't keeping me up to date. I know they already think rather poorly of Mary, I don't want to add to that!

UPDATE
Okay, apparently if you complain about something on the internet, things will happen. I got an email from Mary almost as soon as I had pushed ‘publish’. It was the usual stuff, mostly complaints about her health, complaints about missing all the fun in Bath, and the one piece of real news that Lousia is due back at the Lodge today. That sounds good! I hope she'll be okay.

Mary also asked if I had emailed Ben and invited him to visit in Bath yet. She was adamant that he was pining for an invitation when she last saw him. I told her it would be very nice to see Ben again, and she's welcome to pass that along next time she meets him. I would like to see Ben again, see if he's been reading any of the less gloomy books I suggested.  But I also know to be a bit suspicious of Mary's recounting of things, so I won't be taking any action like she suggests.

No comments :

Post a Comment