Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Beautiful

There has always been something about places by the ocean that make me feel at home. This place in particular, although I've never been here before, just feels right.

There is nothing in particular about the buildings in the town that are worth admiring, it's the situation of the town with respect to the sea - with the main street hurrying into the water - that is so wonderful. The line of the cliffs stretching out to the east of town is what catches your eye.

On the ferry over I heard someone complaining about having to come to Lyme; what a strange person one must be who doesn't find this area entrancing.

I was feeling a bit unwell over the weekend - a cold that my nephew brought home from a friend that Mary caught, then me. But being here, being by the ocean, I think is very good for my health.

No comments :

Post a Comment